Cahill Family

Cahill Family

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 10/20/13

Well here we are late again, but at least it's here!  And it's my fourth week.  I did it!  I'll do my best to keep it up, but it just takes time to get it all on here and pictures organized.  In the long run, though, I know I will be grateful for a little documentation of our life. 

Lachlan and I went to yet another apple orchard this week with his preschool.  It's amazing how each one has been different.  We also had a nice vacation this week up north.  Love the family time!

Here are my items for the Sunday Scavenger Hunt (or in my case Monday).


Watching
Luke and I went to a Vikings game last week with a friend and his dad.  We had the chance to be on the field sidelines to watch the teams warmed up before the game.  It was so nice to hang out all day.  The game on the other hand...well they did score their one and only TD in the last minute.  So there's that at least... (and it's kind of a stretch because we aren't watching in this picture) 
 

Here's one of us actually watching.  Doesn't it look like an enthralling game?
Leafy
While we were up north we went to a Fire Tower.  It was a beautiful fall day with the fall, crisp air blowing around us and the sun shining through the leaves.  Love it!  We all started the climb up the dozen or so flights of stairs (I even had Callum on my back!), when my dear Luke got too shaky after the 1st flight and had to chicken out head back down to solid ground.  So I took Lachlan all the way up.  No fear from that little dude.  We made it to the top, looked around, pretended we were pirates, then headed back down, only to find out Torin was sad because he ended up wanted to go up as well.  Luke tried once again, and couldn't do it.  Mama to the rescue! I climbed up the 12 flights with Torin.  And again, no fear!  I guess they didn't get the 'fear of heights' gene.  Torin didn't want to play pirates, though.
 
 

  First World Problem
Wow.  After thinking about this one last week, I realized how oh so many
'first world problems' I encounter.  It helps me put things into perspective & encourages me
to be grateful for all the Lord has blessed me with. 
While up north, we couldn't get the TV to work, so we had to watch a movie on our computer.  *Gasp*  Such a small screen!  And the boys don't really care, but they don't look too excited in the picture.  I think they're just in the movie-watching zone.
 
 
Still
We lived in the pool on vacation.  The boys loved loved loved the water.  They had a kiddie pool (cat pool, as Lachlan calls it). So that's where we hung out.  It was perfect for the Babe.  When he was in the floaty, he would become so chill and pensive and still.  When he sat in the pool on his own he was splashin and standing up and down and playing catch with a ball.  Too cute!
 
 
A Good Day
Molly et fam came to swim and play one day.  The boys love their cousins!  The fire tower was the same day. 
Beautiful weather.  Great company.  And a decent picture of the Grandkids. 
A Good day.
 
 
 
Other picked pics of the week:
 
First time on a school bus and first field trip for Pre-school!

with the farmer guy from the orchard



Such a serene walk through the woods to get to the fire tower





 
 
 Well the majority of these pictures are from the vay-cay.  Perhaps I'll change my subjects but stick to the Sunday Scavenger Hunt. 
Now the question is--will this continue?  You know as well as I do...
 
 
Love ya, mean it!
Be here now.



2 comments:

  1. Keep it up!! You can do it! I love the photo of the boys watching the movie, it is so classic! The one of Luke and Torin walking in the woods is beautiful!! And the composition of the one of Callum in the pool is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs Cahill!!!! I love the entries and photos of your family!
    What a great treat.
    BTW - please contact me about a new lunch date - I'm anxious to get out of this messy construction!!

    ReplyDelete