Cahill Family

Cahill Family

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Playgrounds and Picnics

Since the weather had finally gotten nicer (about 2 weeks ago-I'm a little behind), as in, it's actually spring now, we decided it was time for a picnic!  So Emily, the boys, and I drove to a nearby park to walk around the little pond/lake and enjoy our lunch in the great outdoors.  The walk was quite eventful for a 2-year old.  He spotted all sorts of flowers, birds, ducks, airplanes, a fountain, and even a lovely butterfly.  After the walk we played on the playground for a bit, ate lunch, played some more, then headed home for some much needed nap time.  Twas a great way to start out the picnic season!
 
Torin's big enough to join in on the playground fun!








All hail the kings and queen of dandelions!


Ha. Check out that shiny nose! 



On a more personal note: today (June 1st) was the last day of school at SACS, which means for the first time since preschool, I have spent a whole year away from school.  Weird.  I was able to go to the 8th grade graduation last night, which was great.  Someone asked me if I thought staying home was the right decision, and without skipping a beat, I said yes.  Though being there last night made me miss being at SACS  A LOT, I still know I am called to be with my boys.  And though I have shed many a tear missing my old students and the life at SACS and the feeling of pride when your students graduate or finish a performance, at home I have been able to grow so much as a mother, a wife, a housekeeper (have a loooong way to go on that one!), and a follower of Christ.  I am so grateful that I have this opportunity to stay home with my darling boys, and look forward to what else I get to learn in the days, weeks, months, years to come.

So take a look at my students that I get to teach now:
                                
Much younger than what I am used to, but they sure make it worth it! 


Love ya, mean it
Be here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment