Cahill Family

Cahill Family

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Reflections on a Sleeping Babe



This picture is obviously not a recent one of Lachlan--I was too afraid that taking a picture of him tonight would wake him up. I still wanted to show how precious he is (was) when he sleeps...but what Babe is not precious when they sleep? He was about 3 months in this photo.

I was at book club tonight so Luke put Lachlan nigh-night tonight. I couldn't go to bed without at least peaking at him, and after peaking at him, I needed a closer look, and so I sat by his crib and just stared. He was facing me and he was so beautiful as he slept so soundly. I couldn't believe what a big boy he is! And now, so peaceful.

As I looked on at my sleeping 16th month old, I couldn't help but think about Mary, the Mother of Jesus, the Mother of GOD. I can imagine her looking on her 16 month old Babe as He slept as well. It makes it so real to me, their relationship of a Mother and Son, when I think of my relationship with my son. Mary held His hand. Mary made Him laugh. Mary watched Him grow, watched Him get His first tooth, watched Him learn to crawl and then walk and then run. I am seeing these same things in my son as Mary saw in Her Son, the Saviour of the world. It is such a beautiful connection that I feel with her that started actually even before we met Lachlan face to face. What a blessing I have, this little Babe, sleeping so soundly. What a blessing to see my son grow up just as Mary saw Her Son grow up. I am so grateful. I love my little guy!
Mary, Mother of the Church, pray for us.

Love ya, mean it.
Be here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment