Cahill Family

Cahill Family

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day: A New Perspective

As mother's day approached, I was getting excited about what that meant--thanking our mothers for life, and getting pampered!  We had these great plans of having brunch at Luke's parents and perhaps going to the Rose Gardens and meeting my family there, and I wouldn't have to change ANY diapers! 

Well, things change when you have a little boy with strep.  And I have to say it wasn't necessarily change for the worse, just change.  Today I learned that not only do I need to thank our mothers for life, but I need to thank the FATHER for life.  Wait, the Father?  Well, He was the one that allowed me to be a mother.  If it were not for the two amazing and beautiful boys that we have, I would not have the privilege of having that title.  So this Mother's Day, I took pride (and action) in actually being a mom, and being grateful that I have Lachlan and Torin, and that I get to be their Mom!  What a beautiful gift that is.  And though pampering may be nice (Luke actually took really good care of me today in honor of the boys, even though we were house bound today--thank you, Honey!), being with my boys on this day is what it is all about.


Lachlan and Torin, I love you!
 Thanks Mom and Mom for life!  And thanks Mom and Mom and Mother Mary for all your prayers.
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers and Godmothers out there!

Love ya, mean it
Be here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment