Cahill Family

Cahill Family

Friday, August 27, 2010

A Picnic with Airplanes

Lachlan LOVES spotting and watching airplanes in the sky. He will hear it, look for it, and then go, 'Ohhhhh!' and sometimes even wave and say 'buh bye' to the plane. (Now I even look up when I hear a plane). Auntie Emi knew of a park across the river from the airport where the planes come pretty close. So we packed a picnic and The Weez, and the 4 of us went to picnic with the airplanes. Lachlan pointed out every one.


I think he was so excited, he wanted to down his food-a ham & cheese sandwich in a hot dog bun-perfect picnic lunch, huh?


Then it was time for some strawberries. I have never given him a whole one before, but since they were not pre-cut, I just gave him one. Well he stuffed the whole thing in his mouth, including the greens. We were waiting for him to realize the weird texture and spit out the greens, but he just ate them up! Extra fiber???


Then it was play time! The weather was so beautiful and there was barely anyone at this park, we were able to roam around and had so much fun! And Auntie Emi got some exercise.


Lachlan was real into playing on his own with the stroller. He is now big enough to push the stroller, then climb up the stroller, then flip the cover over, then repeat. At least he is amused!


Weezer and Lachlan had SUCH a fun time playing with the ball! Lachlan would throw it, then look at Weezer, and they would race to see who could get there first. Little did Lachlan know, Weezer could only go as fast as the Baby Mamma could go since I was holding him on the leash...but sometimes we would beat him! I am glad I was able to get closer to my 10,000 steps that day...


My 'Baby' and me. And I think one of my favorite pictures of us.


My other Baby and me. (Auntie Emi took a close up of BC II--still growing inside!)


On a pregnancy note:
Baby is due in 5 days, and my goal of making it to Saturday, the 28th has almost been accomplished! I have 2 weddings--crazy, I know. One I am singing at, and then my cousin's is in the evening. This Baby knows he/she has to wait at least until 3:30 tomorrow to start coming, and I appreciate that BC II is already listening to his/her mother. : ) After tomorrow night, sure, I will walk a mile a day, drink a bunch of caffeine, lift heavy objects, but not until tomorrow night! I have not had any strangers touch my belly with either of my pregnancies. Today was way better than that...I was waiting with my bro-in-law, and this guy walks by and looks at my belly and says, 'Well I know what you have been up to!' Awkward! I wasn't sure if I should be offended or not, so instead I just laughed after he left. Interesting people in this world! I still get a kick out of it...
Here is a self portrait on that beautiful day that we picnic-ed with the airplanes.


Love ya, mean it!
Be here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment